NEAT Method Shares Five Tips to Organize Your Home Office
Five tips to organize your home office from NEAT Method As many of us are currently working from home, it is important to make sure your home office is a place where you can stay healthy and focused. An ergonomic setup is essential whether you're working at the office or your home. We have a dedicated post that shares ergonomic must-haves for any home office - be sure to check it out! In addition to having an ergonomic workspace, it's worth thinking about how you can keep your workspace tidy. After all, staying organized is another way to boost productivity. That's why we went to NEAT Method, the organization experts, who shared their five tips on how to keep your workspace in order.
- Clear off your desktop. Try to have as clear a desktop as possible. If your desk has limited drawer space, choose beautiful pieces to store items in on your desktop and source modular drawers for below your desk that align with its style.
- Categorize your items. By sorting your items into categories and storing each category together, you'll get a clear picture of how much of a given item you have. This will also help you know which categories could be edited down and either parted with or stored elsewhere as back stock.
- Divide the space. By dividing up the interior of a drawer with individual dividers, you can customize the space for the items you use. Be sure to measure the interior of each drawer to make sure your chosen products will fit. Then arrange them in a way that will fit the space perfectly.
- Choose neutral colors. For any organizational products you're using to outfit your space, we recommend neutral colors, like white, black, grey, or clear. They're easy on the eyes, reduce visual clutter, and blend in with any decor style.
- Use labels. By labeling where items belong, this will encourage you (or any of your "coworkers") to keep the space NEAT. Labels identify exactly where items should be returned to.