Less bad is
not good enough.
The 2018 Annual Report
Launched in 2019, this report reflects our sustainability efforts for the past year. In 2018 we continued to focus on going beyond sustainability — to aim for an overall Net Positive impact on the earth. This goal led us to innovate in our operations, design with sustainability as the source, and advocate for stronger standards across our industry.
- Material Transparency — As of December 2018, Humanscale owns 60% of all Declare labels and 54% of all Health Product Declarations that exist in the entire furniture industry.
- Sustainability as the Basis for Innovation — The Humanscale Design Studio challenged their design process by looking to nature for inspiration.
- A Conscious Culture — Almost 500 of Humanscale's employees voluntarily completed over 10,340 activities that have positive impacts on water, energy, waste and emissions.
- Impact Partnerships — Humanscale partners with industry leaders, including the Health Product Declaration Collaborative, the International Living Future Institute, and the UN Global Compact, to inspire large-scale change.
- Responsible Operations — Humanscale was the only company to achieve BIFMA Level 3 (the highest level of BIFMA certification) for all of its products.